Monday 28 April 2014

Huawei Ascend Y220: The Ultimate Smartphone for the New Generation


When you are out in the marketplace to buy your first smartphone, confusion is the word that defines you.  The options are so many that you literally go berserk and taking a call becomes literally impossible.  But I found an easy way around this problem; instead of hitting a mobile store or taking advice from friends and family, I collated a list of features that are considered “in” for my generation of people.

Compiling this list, I was able to work out what exactly I should go for.  My next step was to go on the internet and look for the phones that had the features I was looking for.  In the process, I also got the opportunity to compare various brands for price, brand value and features.  The best thing that happened as a result of this approach was that I was able to buy the ultimate first smartphone, the Huawei Ascend Y220.

What a youth can ask for in his/her first smartphone? Just make a list.  My list of features was as follows:
  • Good camera
  • Good processor
  • Large touch screen
  • Expandable memory
  • Android OS   
Initially, I could find a huge number of smartphones offering all these features except for the Android operating system.  The one thing that I found striking was that the prices were very enticing.   However, these phones were not of well known brands, which was kind of a deal breaker.   Another thing that I did not like about these phones was that these phones were without a reasonable operating system.  So, I decided to go in for established brands, which suddenly took the price far beyond my budget.  Then I typed “top smartphone companies” in the Google search and found the name “Huawei” as the third largest manufacturer of smartphones in the world.  Being an averagely informed youth, it was news to me.  No wonder, I had not checked the Huawei smartphones.  However, after checking this fact on the Internet, the next page I went to was the Huawei website.  For me, this was the turning point; a whole new world of smartphones was in front of me.  As per my budget, I clicked on the most affordable smartphone that was the Y220.

When I had a look at the technical specifications and features of the phone, I was simply amazed.  The phones boasts of an AndroidTM 2.3 operating system, 3.2 HD camera, 800 MHz Cortex-A5 processor, 8.96 cm (3.5”) capacitive touch display, expendable memory up to 32 GB.  With these features the HSDPA and HSUPA was like icing on the cake.  This was just like getting the best of both the worlds.  Imagine having an Android device capable of giving you high speed 3G connectivity as your first smartphone; “thrilling” is the first word that comes to your mind.  It was the same with me when I chose the Huawei Ascend Y220 as my first smartphone. The best part was that the price of the phone suited my pocket.


Since the day I purchased my Y220, life has never been the same for me.  Now, the Internet is on my fingertips, social media is just a tap away and I have discovered a new passion in gaming.  What makes the Y220 experience really worthwhile is that you have the guarantee of the world’s third largest smartphone manufacturer by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment